House Band Bassists require solid sight-reading and chart-interpretation skills, and are able to deliver music across a variety of styles such as Jazz, Rock, Broadway, Latin, Pop, and Country. Our bassists perform primarily on Electric Bass, with opportunities to perform on a Company-provided Upright Bass or Electric Upright Bass available on certain vessels. A low B string is not strictly required, but any player without one is expected to be able to supplement using effects or on-sight transposition to effectively deliver the part.
All of our House Band Musicians are expected to:
- Perform on their instrument as scheduled by the Music Manager not more than 35 hours in a week, averaged not more than 5 hours per day, with performance schedules of 2-4 sets typical;
- Dress professionally in "Theater Blacks" , tuxedo / formal attire, with other business casual attire available as-needed;
- Join into a shared cabin with one other teammate;
- Attend regular trainings and meetings as part of life onboard;
- Take part in regular safety exercises and In-Port-Manning duties;
- Enthusiastically engage with guests and teammates as part of live performances, on- and off-stage; and
- Rehearse with the group and/or complete personal practice as-needed.
Benefits of performing with Princess Cruises include:
- Flexible contract scheduling above 14 weeks;
- Variety of itineraries and locations;
- Negotiable starting salaries based on qualifications;
- Eligibility for discounted cruise fares after one year of service;
- Partial reimbursements on Seafarer's Medical Fitness Certificate costs;
- Reimbursements on on certain baggage/travel costs;
- Company-provided travel to and from the assigned vessel (subject to visa and legal considerations, through select major airports);
- Company-provided accommodations when traveling to the assigned vessel (subject to scheduling needs); and
- Access to certain guest areas, facilities, and amenities, on an as-available basis (subject to Captain's Standing Orders and any health guidance in effect).