Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join us as Assistant IT Officers!
The Assistant IT Officer provides technical support for shipboard users in cooperation with the lead IT Officer on their vessel. This individual works closely with the ship’s lead IT Officer as a technician and assistant manager, interacting with crew, staff and officers from all departments onboard the ship.
This position provides on site IT support for all aspects of the ship environment: server and network infrastructure, end user computing devices, IT security, application deployments and upgrades, and advanced troubleshooting. Standard tasks involve interacting with Active Directory, SCCM, EPO, MDM enrolment and support, CCTV setup and maintenance, Wifi and VoIP troubleshooting and IT documentation. They will also interact with shoreside support teams through Incident, Change and Service Request tickets using email, chat and phone support.
· Experience with networked device management using Cisco routers, switches, and wireless access points.
· Troubleshooting in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office software
· Maintenance and administration of network equipment, PCs, POS Terminals and other end user computer equipment
· Knowledge of IT industry standards for security and anti-virus best practices
· Understanding of satellite communications technology, VSAT, Stabilized antennas. Ability to troubleshoot with assistance issues on large 2.4 M stabilized antennas and their associated equipment.
· Assist with project roll-outs and conduct quality control checks of new technology or enhancements to existing systems to ensure desired operability
· Maintain the inventory for IT equipment
· Assist the Lead IT Officer with shipboard tasks as requested
· Maintain a positive working relationship with shipboard officers and crew
· Support compliance with fleet standards
· Continuously improve the onboard IT team’s technical and customer service skills
· Follow all environmental and ECP policies and procedures.
· Experience with direct customer IT support (2 years min)
Proficiency with Cisco, Microsoft, and Linux
· An understanding of current VSAT technology, stabilized antenna systems
· Ability to work on a team and follow instructions
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
· Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
· Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure and achieve targets
· Ability to take initiative
· Strong execution skills, ability to prioritize and take a structured approach
· Resourceful and adaptable/able to respond effectively and quickly to changing situations
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a desk and/or computer for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds of equipment for short periods
· 6 to 8 months contract along with 6 to 8 weeks’ vacation and working 7 days a week. 8-12 hours per day.