Onboard Resident Guest Entertainer (RGE) DJ's are committed to entertaining every passenger on every ship, by hosting as MC while performing, reading the crowd appropriately, taking requests graciously, communicating with a smile, and mixing music smartly and creatively. Our DJ's pride themselves on working with all other entertainment staff to ensure the optimum delivery of our product, in any venue onboard.
- *Demonstrate a congenial attitude and ability to work well with others in a close environment
- *Provide live DJ performances and musical support onboard as required, including weddings, group functions, and revenue events
- *Enthusiastically host nightclub, pool deck, piazza/atrium and other venues
- *Enthusiastically host music-related passenger activities that help promote the DJ and nightclub program
- *Perform up to 6 hrs per day, 7 days per week, as scheduled by the Music Manager and onboard management
- *Assist with set-up, break-down, and oversight of the DJ equipment
- *Enthusiastically participate in required activities including, but not limited to, trainings, drills, safety briefings, meetings, and performances
- *Demonstrate commitment to Princess Cruises Shared Purpose, Core Values and Cruise Experience
- *Minimum of 3 years of professional DJ experience, including experience at weddings and/or corporate events as both DJ and MC
- *Detailed knowledge of popular dance music & trends, current Top 40, and dance styles
- *Ability to read the crowd, take requests, and play music appropriate to the demographic mix of passengers
- *Ability to "host" and entertain in a performance setting
- *Proficiency in the English Language, additional languages a plus
- *Excellent microphone skills
- *Knowledge of Pioneer DJ controllers and Serato DJ software
- *Own PC laptop with Serato DJ software installed
- *Own extensive commercial music library, properly purchased and licensed for DJ use.
**Applicants must be 21 years old to work on board
**Princess Cruises provides all flights, transfers, and travel accommodations both to and from the ship
We are not currently recruiting for the job.