Please read and acknowledge the information below regarding the position and audition
process. Minimum age for this position is 21.
So you want to be the next Assistant Cruise Director DJ here at Princess, right?
Firstly congratulations on choosing one of the best jobs at sea! Please be aware that we have a huge volume of candidates from every corner of planet earth who believe they have what it takes. Due to this we have adopted a slightly different approach to help us find the unique characters that this position demands.
HERE ARE THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION OF ASSISTANT CRUISE DIRECTOR:
1. You must have previous experience hosting events, activities, karaoke, shows or similar theatrical performances. This experience must have been in front of a live audience. You must also have live experience as a DJ with extensive knowledge of music through the decades as well of having your finger on the pulse of whats relevant today.
2. Candidates must be confident speaking fluidly in front of large groups of people with very little pausing, repetition or deviation.
3. Your stage style must be confident, charming and charismatic.
4. Candidates must feel at home on stage, capable of controlling their environment with strong microphone skills, engaging personalities and a memorable sense of humor.
5. You need to complete a "Dear Princess" video that is specific to this role. All details are listed below.
6. We need to see what you look like in detail so a head shot is key to selling your brand to us. It doesn't need to be taken by a professional but it does need to be a great representation of what you honestly look like. In short, when you look at your photo you must be thinking, Yes! I look great. Feel free to add any other photos that you feel will help sell your brand but these are not mandatory.
7. A strong Resume. It's important to back up your video submission with a tight, easy to read, round up of your professional experience but if we can give you some advice, less is more.
Please note that the system will not accept your application unless you have completed all of these requirements.
"DEAR PRINCESS" VIDEO SUBMISSION
By far the best way of showcasing your brand to Princess is what you say and how you say it in your "Dear Princess" video. This is your big chance to really show us what you're bringing to the table.
If you already have a professional show reel that's great, please share the link with us on the next page. This is certainly an advantage but you must still submit the "Dear Princess" video.
Here are the requirements for the video submission:
Your "Dear Princess" video must be a personal advert for your brand. Think of it like a video cover letter. We want you to answer the following questions on camera in ONE take. No post process editing or script reading allowed. Feel free to have the questions in front of you but other than that, it's just you and the camera. You should aim to answer each question in 60 seconds or less, filmed in landscape not portrait and please do not sit down, wander around or pace up and down. Let your voice and body language do the talking.
1. To start things off why not say “ Hello” by recording a welcome to introduce yourself. This should contain all the normal information you would give a prospective employer when starting an interview, not forgetting that you are applying for a job in the world of entertainment, so don’t forget to smile! Please keep it under 3 minutes, relax and tell us a little bit about YOU.
2. Why does the role of Assistant Cruise Director DJ speak to you?
3. What style of Music do you think the average Princess guest would like you to play and why?
4. You have a lounge with 300 guests all waiting for you to get started. What are your opening 2 songs to get them up dancing and your closing 2 songs to leave them with a memorable experience?
5. Who do you look up to in the world of Music and why?
6. Tell us a funny joke. We're serious, a funny joke. Not rude, politically incorrect or vulgar, just plain old funny.
7. What can you tell us about Princess as a brand and MedallionClass as a product?
8. You have a final 60 seconds to make us believe why we should hire you to be the next amazing Assistant Cruise Director DJ here at Princess.
Once you have completed your "Dear Princess" video please upload it to one of the recommended video websites listed on the next page. Copy the link to your work and share the URL in the DEMO section, also on the next page.
Please note without a valid link to your "Dear Princess" video your application will not be taken seriously.
Break a leg and don't forget, ONE take!