Please read and acknowledge the information below regarding the position and audition
process. Minimum age for this position is 21.
Our Featured Soloists provide a unique and fun element to the live music team onboard – through interactive performances, upbeat songs, sing-alongs, themed sets, and more. All Featured Soloists must sing and perform at a high level, be self-contained, with high instrumental proficiency and strong stage presence. Featured Soloists often deliver musical repertoire reflective of the destination, and are expected to have a wide variety of appropriate repertoire.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- *Demonstrate a congenial attitude and ability to work well with others in a close environment
- *Provide an engaging pub-like atmosphere through interactive high quality musical performances
- *Perform up to 5 hrs per day, 7 days per week, as scheduled by the Music Manager and Entertainment management
- *Enthusiastically participate in required activities including, but not limited to, trainings, drills, safety briefings & duties, in-port manning, meetings, and performances
- *Demonstrate commitment to Princess Cruises Shared Purpose, Core Values and Cruise Experience
*Ability to perform as a featured soloist, with appropriate repertoire, on their selected instrument
*Ability to sing as a solo/featured vocalist with appropriate vocal technique
*Backing tracks, if used, must be of professional quality
*Ability to execute solo performances at a high level on short notice with minimal rehearsal
*Shipboard, nightclub, hotel, wedding, and corporate event experience is preferred
*Excellent fluency in performing all required musical styles
*Self-directed solo rehearsal for improvement as required
*Excellent professional "live" stage presence at all times
*Excellent knowledge of contemporary musical styles (Top 40 from 1950's to present)
*Proficiency in improvisation is required in a variety of musical performance styles and settings
*Ability to use technology to enhance musical performances a plus
*Proficiency in the English Language, additional languages a plus
*Ability to go beyond being a "performer" to become an "entertainer" required
*Ability to stand while performing for extended periods of time required
*Ability to move between venues quickly with minimal set-up & sound-check
**Applicants must be 21 years old to work on board.
**Demo video submissions should be clean, frontal shot, with minimal editing and decent audio quality, showing required musical styles and qualifications. Live performances showing audience interaction and engagement are preferred where appropriate.
**Princess Cruises provides all flights, transfers, and travel accommodations both to and from the ship.