Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels!
We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join our Security team as Security Officer.
The Security Officer role will be a vital piece to overview the vessel security team and to ensure that all aspects of Company’s Occupational Health and Safety (Oh&S) Policy and Procedures are effectively applied during working activities onboard.
As part of a part of our Security Team, you will be person assigned to perform all necessary duties assigned by Ship’s Command and/or Chief Security Officer to maintain security and discipline throughout the ship.
- Implementation of the measures as per Ship Security Plan (SSP) and international, national, corporate and company requirements and the orders of the direct superiors
- Support the Ship Security Officer (SSO)/Chief Security Officer in delivering of security related familiarization for all crew and for personnel with designated security duties
- Performing frequent security assessments, including the revision of the SSP (in liaison with the SSO)
- Undertaking regular security inspections of the ship to ensure that appropriate security measures are maintained
- Conducting of crime prevention and any crime scene management / investigation on board the ship according to company regulations
- Management of the security filing system
- Coordination of the Security Team for daily routine operations
- Ensuring the proper operation, testing and maintenance of the security equipment
- Planning and execution of security drills and security exercises
- Point of contact for port security personnel / security authorities, acting as first first responder in case of physical conflicts and leader of the Active Assailant Response Team, in case of threats involving an armed assailant
- Responsible for the master key management and responsible for the gangway security set-up and ensuring the standard quality of the security screening, both onboard and shore side
- Performing body check of persons by using the AMD, HHDM and physical search techniques, responsible for baggage / luggage search / screening at the ships entrances by X-Ray or other means
- Keeping up good communication and transparency between TMs onboard the ship
- Any additional assignment at discretion of Captain and/or Chief Security Officer
We are not currently recruiting for the job.